Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Cruel Intentions

You’re not good enough for him.....

....

I never said I was.....

....

He’s a soldier boy now, sweetheart. He doesn’t need you anymore. Who are you?.... ....

Who am I? If only I knew. Maybe I wouldn’t keep running… I’m a country girl with big city dreams. A girl who ran away when she was eighteen. Who’s been through too much. One who can’t sleep night after night. Who, when she finally does get those few precious hours, wakes up screaming into the darkness. Shadows and cowardice haunt my nights. I’m a girl who’s been stripped and beaten, bruise upon bruise streaking my flesh. Sorrow spreading through my veins like a disease, wretched and gnarled. I’m scarred. I’m fucked up. I’m a girl who doesn’t know how to love.

Then why have you snarled your pathetic claws into him?

I love him.....

Ha, love. A pathetic foolhardy game. You said yourself you were incapable of love.....

I know I do love him. Perhaps too much.....

Ha, then you’re ten times more the fool.....

So be it.....

You silly girl, hissed in the darkness.

Do you think he loves you?....

Yes.....

....

What’s going to happen when he’s gone and traveled the world? Is he even going to want you? ....
I hope so.....
You’re pathetic. He won’t even remember you exist. ....

Yes, he will. He loves me.....
Just like he’ll “love” the next one who comes along. He’ll find someone more worthy than you. Someone who will never betray him.

I’d never do anything to hurt him.....

Bullshit. You disgust me. You’re nothing better than a common whore.

NO.....

Yes. A slut. Never anything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment